Thursday, January 5, 2012

Questions About Blackberry Curve 8330 Software

Steven asks…

blackberry curve 8330 software update?

i have a blackberry curve 8330 for sprint
im currently updating the software to OS 4.5
its been running for a few hours amd now my desktop manager seems to have the process stuck in one spot. its been restoring the same SMS text messages for a while. im worried that it will not finish.
how long does it usually take for the whole updating process to complete?

admin answers:

I have a sprint 8330 as well. The entire proccess should take 45 minute to 90 minutes. This is because it has to back up your contacts, sms text, pictures. Then it re-formats the os and installs the backed up files. Also, double check what desktop manager you are running, the latest update is desktop v4.7. It doesn't really change much but the old desktop mananger v4.3(that came with the blackberry) will take longer.

Donna asks…

is the blackberry curve 8330 desktop software compatible with windows vista? ?

I recently got a palm treo 700wx and the active sync software that came with it was not compatible with windows vista. does anyone know if the desktop software for a blackberry curve 8330 is compatible with windows vista?

admin answers:

Yes. It absolutely is.

"Microsoft® Windows® 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista™"

Chris asks…

Blackberry Curve 8330 Software Update?

I just got a free one from my dads friend but it came with no USB to connect to my laptop. Is it possible for to me update it to V 5.0 off the phone itself? I cant seem to donwload facebook, blackberry app worl, etc without this update

admin answers:

I have a 8310 and i had problems like that so i was told to download the blackberry desktop update program just type that in your browser and the model of your ph and it downloads wat you need but u have to have the right file tranfer cord --well i gt my from a friend and it came with his game console so try to find a SP3

Mandy asks…

How do I download Blackberry Device Software v.5 on my Blackberry Curve 8330?

I tried going on to the Blackberry website and when I clicked update it said I didn't have any available updates. But I'm using the old device software (v.4.5) and the new version (v.5) is supported by my phone, so why wont it update. Thanks to those who can help or just tips!

admin answers:

It isn't available.

Read the fine print:

Check with your service provider to see if they support BlackBerry Device Software v5.0 for your smartphone. If not, you may still enjoy some new features by upgrading to BlackBerry Device Software v4.5.

You can try a leaked version but if you do expect several issues.

Laura asks…

Where can I download the complete software to use my verizon blackberry 8330 curve for a pc modem .?

Where can I download the complete software to use my verizon blackberry 8330 curve for a pc modem ?
I have looked everywhere ! I have the desktop messenger but had no luck finding out how to use the modem . Please help !!! Thanks soooo much !!!!

admin answers:

Here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=products_connect

Notice that there is an additional monthly fee to use your BB as a modem

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment