Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Questions About Blackberry Os 6

Jenny asks…

Does the BlackBerry Curve 9300 come with BlackBerry 6 OS?

I currently have the Curve 8520 and I'm upgrading to the 9300 because I hate OS 5.
Does the 9300 come with OS 6 or will I need up upgrade when I get it? If so, how?

admin answers:

I think some come with os6, mine had os5, you download the blackberry desktop to your pc, www.blackberry.com/desktopsoftware then connect phone to pc using usb lead, click device on the desktop then click updates, it will back up your phone, install update and then restore all data back to phone.

Ken asks…

Can you get the app textfree or pinger on blackberry 6 os?

I want to know if I should get a blackberry but I dont want to pay for unlimited messages

admin answers:

We are always looking for ways to expand our product line and have taken looks into many different areas of expansion. Right now, however, we are focusing on iOS, Android and web. We may expand at some point, but right now we are focused on these specific and rapidly growing platforms.

Definitely head to our User Feedback forum (http://pinger.zendesk.com/forums/20044877-user-feedback) and click "Suggest an Idea" to post this request. If we get enough activity for your suggestion, our Product Managers are more likely to investigate creating an app for your device :)

Helen asks…

Will installing Blackberry OS 6 onto my Blackberry 9300 wipe everything on it?

will all my music, pictures, blackberry messenger contacts etc be wiped?

admin answers:

No. None of them will be erased because the data is backed up into your computer first.

Mandy asks…

Updating my BlackBerry to new OS 6, and I think it has frozen!?

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and have just tried to update the OS to BlackBerry 6, its got pretty far through but has now frozen on the screen saying "Loading applications from device..." The screen has gone grey and hazy! What should I do? something that wont mess up my BlackBerry? I do have it backed up though

admin answers:

I had this same issue when trying to update my Curve to OS 5.0 via the desktop software. It froze up my phone and after waiting four hours for it to un-freeze, I finally lost my patience and unplugged it from my PC. I then did the wireless update on my phone itself and it went through and was done in less than ten minutes, if that long. So if the problems persists and you're using the desktop software, I would suggest doing the same thing.

On my phone the wireless update is located under setup>options>advanced options>wireless update so I would imagine the steps would be pretty much the same to get to yours if you wanted to try that route.

If this is the way you're trying to update, then I would try a battery pull if the phone is still froze, as follows...
With the device on, remove the back cover, remove the battery and leave it out for 20-30 seconds, then put the battery back in and power on the device. The battery pull (referred to as a hard reset) is recommended by RIM to cure or solve about 95% of the issues that might face a BB. That's because removing a BB battery severs the device from its power source, resetting the network connection and rebooting the handheld operating system (OS). Pulling the battery will often re-install service books that might have gotten messed up, usually fixes most network connectivity issues and any java errors you might be getting on the device. Also, doing so does not remove applications, data, settings, etc. It is good to do, really, about 1-2x a week.

If that still doesn't work then I am at a complete loss and would suggest you ask on the crackberry forums as someone there may have another idea.

Hope this helps and good luck!

George asks…

How do I download Blackberry os 6?

Hello :) I'm about to get a Blackberry Curve 9300 with At&Tand I know it will be available to upgrade to the os 6 when it comes out for it..I am not very tech savvy and I was wondering if you could tell me HOW to upgrade to it...do i download it? will it b available from my service provider?

thank you!!!!

admin answers:

The latest OS available for the 9300 from AT&T is v5.0.0.1576

Once OS v6.0 is made available you can install it OTA

Options icon - Advanced Options - Wireless Update - Check for Updates

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment